Tuesday 22 March 2011

      When I was young, I had a dream to be someone who was sophisticated,rich and famous.I dreamt to be as beautiful as Farrah Fawcett (the most beautiful actress in Charlie's Angels in 1970s).I was head over heel over Parker Stevenson (one of The Hardy Boys).I also fantasized to be a private investigator like Nancy Drew (one of The  Enid Blyton series). I even dreamed to be swept off my feet by a prince charming who would cross the sea of fire,would swim the Pacific ocean, would climb the Mount Everest just to shout " I love U' for me....
     As I sailed through the  journey of life,went through the ups and downs along the way, I realized that life has a lot to offer.....................
     I lost my father at eight. The tragedy brought me to a town life.A blessing in disguise after all! I really had to struggle to catch up with my new friends in Bagan.The girls were wearing mini skirts and Levis Denim Jeans,the style of the 80s.When I visited my aunt during the school holidays,my kampung friends (the boys) treated me like a princess,all stared at me, gaping, as if  I had just stepped down from the heaven or something.However,I lost my girl friends. They were envious of me,of my new image. Some girls who I thought were my best friends before, made fun of me singing baju arrow,seluar levis,baju borrow seluar kebas...They totally ignored me after I moved to town..Truly.......
      I was so annoyed and I returned to Bagan,my new home, promising myself that I would never return to kampung again. I was confused, I guessed, at that age,not knowing why the girls hated me so........
      In my new school,I was the ugly duckling.Merely because I was from kampung.I registered in standard 5 at SKBTK. I was alone for quite a few weeks until a girl named Ramlah befriended me. She is an Indian Muslim or anak mami. My house was quite far so I always came earlier and waited for her before going to school together. Her mom used to tapau me Apom Lenggang.I always got a share for my breakfast...
     At that time we sat for Penilaian darjah 5.I never knew that the exam was important but as usuall,luck was on my side.Mybe because I was an orphan and I was blessed by Allah for my mom prayers...I got 4A and 1C..jeng...jeng...
     Can you guess what happened in standard 6?

0 comments: